Monday, April 18, 2005

From Blog to Pod


I promise to keep this up to date from now on. Really. I promise. I was just so demoralised after I lost 800 words in blogspace. I wrote up a couple of strong pieces on local media treatment of Popes, Feeding Tubes, Dead Australians Coming Back Home (from mysteriously crashed helicopters) etc. etc. A media focus that was in my opinion excessive for two weeks. Overkill, even? It did displace equally significant, and perhaps more significant news of civilian casualties in Iraq, growing numbers of US troop casualties there, the atrocious treatment of the damaged US soldiers when they get home, and some pretty heavy vortices in current economic phenomena in both Australian and North America. I titled it 'Necrophiliac Newsrules, OK'.

Since I wrote it and lost it, there has been no let-up. We in Australia already have Anzac day coming up with bad news from Gallipoli. The Turks (with Australian government consent ... )have made an access road to accommodate the growing number of Gallipolean tourists flocking to the site from Australia each year. Not unsurprisingly this has disturbed the bones of the original combatants. Even as I write I am listening to a news item about delicate negotiations taking place between the Australian and Turkish governments, about how to give the bones the very best accommodation. So that it can be maintained as a tourist site, I guess. A crypt has been promised. The Bones may yet Stroll. Pop stars have been promised for the backpackers. With controversy, thank the Goddess. May they (the Bones) rest in peace...

The Papal Piece got lost in cyberspace before I could post it. A possible Papal Postmortal Retraction? A rejection of my work, on a sub quantum level of fumbled negotiations for a temporally distorted gateway (pearly or otherwise), acting as a paradigm of metaphysical censorship?

We'll never know and I personally don't really want to. Blogspot claims to have recovered their 'lost-post recovery software module' after a week or so of apologies, so I might not have to rewrite it so long after the iron has ceased to be hot. I doubt it.

But, there is movement at the station! A meeting has been lined up with the NimFM webmaster to facilitate the posting of sound files of some of our programs on the NimFM web site. There is a commitment to put a dedicated phoneline through to the studio and our very own STUDIO COMPUTER (at last) to do stuff online without having to (in my case) lug in a decrepit laptop and a hand pump to keep it cool because the fan is fucked.

So, Kate and Mark ... we have made a difference. thanx
I think ...

No comments yet